|1||Simple Twist Of Fate|
Percussion – JoJo GordoWords By, Music By – Bob Dylan
|2||Diamonds & Rust|
Harpsichord [Electric Harpsichord] – David PaichSynthesizer [Moog & Arp Synthesizers] – Joan BaezWords By, Music By – Joan Baez
|3||I Dream Of Jeannie / Danny Boy (Medley)|
Arranged By [I Dream Of Jeannie - This Arrangement By] – Joan BaezWritten-By [Danny Boy] – Fred WeatherlyWritten-By [I Dream Of Jeannie] – Stephan Foster
|4||Hello In There|
Electric Piano – Larry KnechtelOrgan [Hammond] – Joe SamplePercussion – Mongo GordoWords By, Music By – John Prine
|5||Winds Of The Old Days|
Words By, Music By – Joan Baez
|6||Fountain Of Sorrow|
Acoustic Guitar – Larry CarltonPercussion – Mucho GordoWords By, Music By – Jackson Browne
Acoustic Guitar – Larry CarltonOrgan [Hammond Organ] – Joe SamplePercussion – The Great GordoPiano [Acoustic Piano] – David PaichWords By, Music By – Richard Betts
|8||Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer|
Programmed By [Moog & Arp Synthesizers Programmed By] – Malcolm Cecil, Robert MargouleffSynthesizer [Moog & Arp Synthesizers] – Malcolm CecilWords By, Music By – Stevie Wonder, Syreeta Wright
Piano [Acoustic Piano] – David PaichSoloist, Synthesizer [Synthesized Horn Solo] – Joan BaezWords By, Music By – Janis Ian
|10||Children And All That Jazz|
Flute – Tom ScottPercussion – Gordo The MagnificentPiano [Acoustic Piano] – Hampton HawesWords By, Music By – Joan Baez
Bass – Max BennettDrums – John GuerinElectric Guitar – Rick Lo TempioFlute, Arranged By [Horns Arranged By] – Tom ScottRecorded By, Mixed By – Henry LewySaxophone – Jim Horn, Tom ScottTrumpet – Buck Monari, Ollie MitchellVocals – Joni MitchellWords By, Music By – Joan Baez
|SP-4527||Joan Baez|| Diamonds & Rust (LP, Album, Mon)||A&M Records||SP-4527||US||1975|
|LK 57135||Joan Baez|| Diamonds & Rust (Cass, Album)||PGP RTB||LK 57135||Yugoslavia||1976|
|8Q-54527||Joan Baez|| Diamonds & Rust (8-Trk, Album, Quad)||A&M Records||8Q-54527||US||1975|
|am4527, NR12||Joan Baez|| Diamonds & Rust (LP, Album, TP)||Nautilus Recordings, Nautilus Recordings||am4527, NR12||US||1975|
|AMLS64527||Joan Baez|| Diamonds & Rust (LP, Album)||A&M Records||AMLS64527||South Africa||1975|
- Acoustic Guitar – Dean Parks (tracks: A2, A3, B2), Joan Baez (tracks: A1, A5, B2 to B5)
- Arranged By – Joan Baez, Larry Carlton
- Arranged By [Strings Arranged], Conductor [Conducted By] – Larry Carlton (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Bass – Reinie Press (tracks: A2, A3, A5, B2, B4), Wilton Felder (tracks: A1, A4, B1, B3)
- Cello – Jesse Ehrlich (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Design [Designer] – Bob Cato
- Drums – Jim Gordon (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Electric Guitar – Dean Parks (tracks: A1, A4 to B1, B4), Larry Carlton (tracks: A1 to B1, B3, B4)
- Electric Piano – Joe Sample (tracks: A1 to A5, B4, B5)
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Ellis Sorkin
- Engineer [Recording & Mix Engineer] – Rick Ruggieri (tracks: A1 to B4, B6)
- Executive-Producer – Bernard Gelb
- Leader [String Section Lead By] – Sid Sharp (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Liner Notes – B.G.
- Mastered By [Mastering Engineer] – Mike Reese
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Red Rhodes (tracks: A2, B1, B2, B4)
- Photography By – Irene Harris
- Piano [Acoustic Piano] – Larry Knechtel (tracks: A2, A3, A5, B4, B6)
- Producer – David Kershenbaum, Joan Baez
- Viola – Isabelle Daskoff (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Violin – Carl La Magna (tracks: A3 to A5), James Getzoff (tracks: A3 to A5), Raymond Kelly (tracks: A3 to A5), Robert Konrad (tracks: A3 to A5), Robert Ostrowsky (tracks: A3 to A5), Ronald Folsom (tracks: A3 to A5), Sidney Sharp (tracks: A3 to A5), Tibor Zelig (tracks: A3 to A5), William Hymanson (tracks: A3 to A5), William Kurasch (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Vocals – Joan Baez
The label design differs from the others Canada releases.Close to Joan Baez - Diamonds & Rust but with slightly different text layout on labels.
First cat. # on the back cover
Second cat. # on labels
Printed on the back cover:
Ariola Eurodisc, S.A.
T.G. Hostench, S.A. - Barcelona 1975
Produced for JCB Productions.
Recorded January 21-24, 1975 - A&M Studios A, B & D.
Synthesizers recorded January 28 at Cecil & Margouleff.
String & Pedal Steel overdubs recorded January 29 at Wally Heider Studio #4.
Remixed February 11-15 at Sound Labs and February 19-22 at Producers Workshop.
Mastered February 27 at Mastering Lab.
℗ 1975 A&M Records, Inc.
A = Side 1, B = Side 2
A1, A5, B4: Copyright © 1975 Chandos Music (ASCAP)
A2: Copyright © 1974 Benchmark Music
A3: Copyright © 1970 Jobete Music Company, Inc.
A5: Copyright © 1975 Ram's Horn Music (ASCAP)
B1: Copyright © 1972 No Exit Music Co., Inc. (BMI)
B2: Copyright © 1971 Cotillion Music Inc. and Sour Grapes Music (BMI)
B3: Copyright © 1972, 1973 Frank Music Corp. (ASCAP)
B5: no publishing information or lyrics included
B6: This Arrangement Copyright © 1975 Chandos Music (ASCAP) / Copyright © 1913 Boosey & Co. Ltd. (ASCAP); Copyright renewed 1941. Reprinted by permission of Boosey & Hawkes Inc.
Inner cardstock color sleeve includes lyrics.
Joan apologizes to the authors for any discrepancies between lyrics of songs as they appear on this album and their original versions.
A4: Larry Carlton, Wilton Felder & Joe Sample courtesy ABC Records Inc.
Tom Scott courtesy of Ode Records
B5: Joni Mitchell appears courtesy Asylum Records
B6: Dedicated to my grandmother Barbara Bridge
Special Thanks to: Manny, Colleen Creedon, Instantaneous Ellis, Joe Henry & Nancy Carlen
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): SP-4791
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): SP-4792
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A): SP-4791-1A-26K
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B): SP-4792-1A-2Z
- Matrix / Runout (A Side, hand etched): 89.049·I·s·A·1N'
- Matrix / Runout (B Side, hand etched): 89.049·I·s·B·1N'
- Rights Society: B.I.E.M.
- Depósito Legal: B.26458-1975
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped): SP 4791-1
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped): SP 4792-1
- Record Company – Ariola Eurodisc S.A.
- Printed By – T.G. Hostench, S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Published By – Chandos Music
- Published By – Benchmark Music
- Published By – Jobete Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Ram's Horn Music
- Published By – No Exit Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Cotillion Music, Inc.
- Published By – Sour Grapes Music
- Published By – Frank Music Corp.
- Published By – Boosey & Hawkes
- Recorded At – A&M Studios
- Recorded At – Cecil & Margouleff
- Recorded At – Wally Heider Studios
- Mixed At – Sound Labs, Hollywood
- Mixed At – Producers Workshop
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab